Monday, March 24, 2008

Dark Days are Back

Today things are not looking good. Her litter issues continue. When I got home I went downstairs to check on her litter only to find that she went on some Styrofoam. Consequentially I noticed footprint images on the floor. I realized some major cleaning is going to be done when all this is over. I picked Callie up and noticed her paws are a yellowish tint. I used one of her kitty wipes to clean her up but nothing was leaving. I planned on cleaning her with soap and water later.

Grabbing the peed on Styrofoam I took a short walk to the dumpster to dispose of it. When I returned Callie was curled up on my pillow before I got a chance to clean her paws. I'll either change the sheets before bed or take comfort in the fact that I did clean up her paws, they were just still tinted yellow.

I think pain has also set in. When I first came home I petted her and she tried to purr, but meowed a meow that said "ouch" to me. This might be why my little purr-kitty doesn't purr that much anymore, it must be painful for her. Later, as she was curled up on my pillow, I could hear her breathing, a congested sound echoing through.

She stayed on my pillow for two hours. I wondered at times if she lost the ability to move. Eventually I picked her up to cuddle with me while I watched TV and she was having a hard time getting comfortable and repositioning herself. When I did try and move she didn't want me to leave.

I was distracted from this post and went downstairs to check on her, only to find her up from a litter box visit and a wet spot on the couch. I picked her up but it didn't seem like she was leaking. A quick peak downstairs didn't reveal any obvious puddles (for the record I did see her in her litter box). Luckily the couch is microfiber so I'm sure we can clean it up. I'm more worried about what this means for Callie.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I just want to cry reading these last few posts. It's such a horrible disease. I went through this with a kitty when I was a teenager and it was so tough. It's awesome that you're being so strong for Callie!

Kristina said...

This is the first time I have seen your blog, and I just want you to know Callie is in my thoughts and prayers. She is absolutely adorable,and I commend you and your husband for staying so strong and taking such great care of her.