Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Driving home from work is the most nerve wracking part of my day. Without even thinking about it I find my breathing accelerated and a caffeine-like jitter come over me. Today's drive home felt particularly long, when in reality it was one of my shortest commutes to date (for the record I have no idea how that was possible). I worry about what I will find when I come home. Today I was also worried what messes I would find.

Luckily I came home to nothing to be worried about. There was no urine messes that I could find. Callie was waiting for me and wanting to eat. Then she wanted to cuddle. I sat down on the couch for two minutes in the middle of cooking and she climbed onto my lap and cuddled. I would have stayed but the stove was on, I didn't think that would be a good thing. Later on I returned to join her and wrapped myself around her. Her little head came forward and she rested her neck over my arm.

I enjoy our time together but most kittens don't spend two hours curled up on their parent's lap, awake, not leaving. And her breathing appears to be faster than normal.

No comments: