Thursday, March 20, 2008

Eye Spy Something Different

Last night Callie gave us the biggest scare yet. We brought her to bed and she curled up with us as usual. A few minute later she stirred and was sitting with the blankets on her back. She seemed to be breathing funny so I turned on the light. For some reason her eyes were now pointed in opposite directions to the side. We sat there with her, petting her and loving her, and one eye returned to normal. The other one stayed and she soon grew tired of all our fuss and moved onto my pillow to sleep. I let her have the pillow and woke up with such a crick in my neck because of it!

This morning her appetite was back, along with her constant chorus of meows for her food. She appeared normal to me however did have the eye issue once again before Mike left for work. I'm home with her now and her eyes are fine in appearance but I'm starting to wonder if she's having trouble seeing or smelling. For the second day in a row she begs for food and I give it to her but she won't move to her bowl. I've had to pick her up and physically bring her over. She'll eat once she's there but doesn't seem to be making the connections.

I'm starting to feel she doesn't have much time left. These changes could just be temporary but her spirit is diminishing. I'm starting to fear that she is suffering and that is the main thing we don't want her to go through. Taking things one day at a time is starting to feel like one hour at a time. As I type she is sitting on my desk, facing away from me, eyes open. She needs her rest and I understand that. It is heartbreaking to see her like this, not playful, not active, just resting.

No comments: