Monday, March 24, 2008

Pillow Buddy

Callie has become my pillow buddy. Or rather, my pillow has become her bed and my head her pillow. She begins the night as she normally does, snuggling with us under the blanket. However, starting Friday night, she'll leave the comforts of the blankets and climb up onto my pillow. Here she circles a few times above my hair and plops her body down on my head. It cracks me up every time and I usually fall asleep with her there. It makes for a stiff neck but it's a stiffness I'm willing to accept.

We've also noticed her breathing is being affected. Mike heard a sound when she breathed and instructed me on where to put my hand to feel it. I placed my hand on her upper side and felt a fluttering when she breathed. The good news is that my head provides adequate leverage against her breathing problems.

Callie is definitely tired after a long weekend. I'll have to see how she is after resting all day today. I hope she'll have some energy when I arrive home from work.

1 comment:

john said...

Hmm… I read blogs on a similar topic, but i never visited your blog. I added it to favorites and i’ll be your constant reader. pillow pet