Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Poo and Birds - The New Ying and Yang

Last night Callie stepped in her own poo. Just one back paw, thankfully, but a pretty messy site of poo and kitty litter. This was found by Mike and sent me into a momentary panic about what I had been wearing while Callie was on my lap, on my chair, on my desk, on my food...

We concluded it was fresh and set about cleaning her up. This is no easy task for any of us and the second time we have done this in a week. Callie was overall a good girl with the exception of clawing her way up Mike's dress shirt and drawing blood. Once clean she went into her cat home to sulk, her back towards us until we gave her some treats (though less than normal since she clawed up her dad). We left her alone only to find her curled up on my pillow later. Laundry will be done tonight!

Just as I'm pondering all the negative reasons why she's stepping in her own poo I get a bit of relief: Mike called to tell me she chased a bird. I haven't seen her active since before she got sick and apparently (I haven't heard her side yet) she ran from the living room to the dining room to stalk her prey. I think she's hungry! Between stalking my dinner last night and now the bird she really should be more thankful for her cat food!


And now, just for fun, my favorite picture from the first day Callie came home:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am glad she is chasing birds. She is in the mood to hunt and thats great! I am glad to see it sounds like she is feeling better.